Home Forum Brexit Decoded Forum EU Country Specific Threads Greece Exchanging your Greek license for a UK license

  • This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated by BDSteveBDSteve.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    • #6348

      Exchanging your Greek license for a UK license

      EXCHANGING YOUR EU DRIVER’S LICENSE FOR A UK DRIVING LICENCE Recent ‘No Deal’ Brexit advice from the UK government has suggested that you may wish to exchange your existing country of origin License for a UK license before 30 March 2019. This is good advice if you are living, working or studying in the UK and intend to remain here are a resident under the EU Settlement rules. Whilst there may yet be a deal which means your license will be valid after the 30 March next year there is now a real possibility that it will not. The good news is that the process to exchange is fairly simple. You can do this online with the government website or by obtaining a D1 application form from major Post Offices. Here is our quick guide for the process: In order to exchange your license, you must meet the following conditions: You must be a resident of the United Kingdom and/or have lived for at least l85 days at a permanent address in the UK. Your foreign license must still be valid. You must surrender your old EU license to the DVLA in order to receive your new UK License – you cannot hold both. If you meet the above criteria and want to exchange your current EU driver’s license for a UK one, you need to submit the following documents: A completed D1 application form from the DVLA Your foreign driver’s license Any additional supporting documents requested such as ID or proof of a legal change. The fee is currently £43. The whole process takes approximately three weeks.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.